JIRA queries on the database

santosh reddy January 2, 2014

Hi,

I have been noticing the following queries executing several times on the database from last night and we had an outage because of the increased DB activity.

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECTCATEGORY IS NULL AND PROJECT IS NULL AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECTCATEGORY = ? AND PROJECT IS NULL AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECT IS NULL AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECT = ? AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

I am not sure what triggered this, we havent changed anything from our end in the last few days.

From noticing the data for the last month, i see that these got triggered once after the application start but not afterwards.

now i notice these queries running regularly and cause of concern.

we are on version 4.3.3 and planning for upgrade soon but in the interim we need to have the system stable.

Thanks

Santosh

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Have you tried enabling more detailed logging to see what activity ocurred prior? I would expect to see something there, whether it was a filter being executed, or a gadget or whatever.

ps. this is a community forum, urgent support queries shoudl be directed to Atlassian via support.atlassian.com

0 votes
santosh reddy January 2, 2014

I notice that we modified the issuetypesceme for a particular project during that time which might have triggered this but why are these select queries running regularly, everything looks fine regarding this configuration.

why do these queries run?

Suggest an answer