JIRA queries on the database

Hi,

I have been noticing the following queries executing several times on the database from last night and we had an outage because of the increased DB activity.

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECTCATEGORY IS NULL AND PROJECT IS NULL AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECTCATEGORY = ? AND PROJECT IS NULL AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECT IS NULL AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

SELECT ID, PROJECTCATEGORY, PROJECT, CUSTOMFIELD, FIELDCONFIGSCHEME FROM CONFIGURATIONCONTEXT WHERE PROJECT = ? AND CUSTOMFIELD = ?

I am not sure what triggered this, we havent changed anything from our end in the last few days.

From noticing the data for the last month, i see that these got triggered once after the application start but not afterwards.

now i notice these queries running regularly and cause of concern.

we are on version 4.3.3 and planning for upgrade soon but in the interim we need to have the system stable.

Thanks

Santosh

2 answers

I notice that we modified the issuetypesceme for a particular project during that time which might have triggered this but why are these select queries running regularly, everything looks fine regarding this configuration.

why do these queries run?

Have you tried enabling more detailed logging to see what activity ocurred prior? I would expect to see something there, whether it was a filter being executed, or a gadget or whatever.

ps. this is a community forum, urgent support queries shoudl be directed to Atlassian via support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

202 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you