JIRA public sign-up not showing

Boris Capitanu March 4, 2015

Hi,

I have an installation of JIRA 6.3.15, connected to a Crowd 2.8.0.  Crowd has 3 directories associated with the "jira" app.  The fist one is a local directory that has all permissions allowed for jira. The other 2 directories have the "add user" permission disabled for jira.

JIRA is configured as "public", yet when a user goes to the main page there is no public sign-up link available.  Instead, the following message is displayed "Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators."

Why isn't public sign-up allowed, even though it's enabled in the General Configuration?

I restarted JIRA, Crowd, etc. but still no luck.

Also, if I click the link "Can't access your account?", I get a 500 error.  The JIRA log file shows the following exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: User login details can not be reset for this JIRA site.

What's wrong, and how do we fix this?

Thanks,

Boris

3 answers

0 votes
Arnaud Héritier April 30, 2015

I solved the problem on my side.

I added a new Users Directory in JIRA with exactly the same settings than the previous one.

This one had mysteriously all the required privileges on JIRA side (Allowed operations: [CREATE_GROUP, CREATE_ROLE, CREATE_USER, DELETE_GROUP, DELETE_ROLE, DELETE_USER, UPDATE_GROUP, UPDATE_GROUP_ATTRIBUTE, UPDATE_ROLE, UPDATE_ROLE_ATTRIBUTE, UPDATE_USER, UPDATE_USER_ATTRIBUTE]).

I moved it on top of the old one, deactivated and removed the old one.

The sign up page is back and I have not anymore many 

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationNotPermittedException:com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException in my JIRA logs

I didn't opened an issue (Do you need one atlassian or is there an existing one to comment ?).

HTH

0 votes
Arnaud Héritier April 30, 2015

I just discovered that I have the same problem on my instance (JIRA 6.3.2 + Crowd 2.8.0).

I don't know when the problem occurred but I have in ming that it might be due to the upgrade to Crowd 2.2

In the directory configuration summary I can see that JIRA see no rights for my crowd directory (but they are set on crowd side)

Allowed operations: []

I will open a ticket too.

0 votes
kitkat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2015

Based on the exception error when clicking on the "Can't access your account?" link, I'm inclined to think that this problem is more than just configuration related. Because of this, I would suggest you contact support.atlassian.com so that your issue can be examined more closely (log examination, etc.) In the meantime, here is some Crowd documentation that you can review to make sure your Crowd configuration is completely what it needs to be:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Public+Signup+Setup

Suggest an answer