JIRA project does not exist or you do not have permission - The JQL query for ... - Vorgänge didn't return any results

Tester September 14, 2015

Hi all, cannot find out the reason why my JIRA backlog tasks cannot be modified via my Confluence instance.

Direclty on the Server Platform (on Confluence space), no JIRA tasks will be shown and here I can see the error messages: The JQL query for Project - Vorgänge didn't return any results.Try changing the query, ... and further.

On the Client I can see the tasks but cannot access and modifiy: JIRA-Feld(er) "created" kann/können nicht bearbeitet werden. Überprüfen Sie Ihre JIRA-Berechtigungen auf localhost JIRA.

JIRA is accessible on all machines.

Probably a permision issue at the end, no clue what to do exactly. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2015

Well, JIRA is not server/client, it's a web-application, so you'll need to explain what you mean by "client".  My guess is that you have an application that you use instead of the web interface, and from what you're saying things are working fine when you use JIRA via a browser and failing in that client application.  Without knowing what the client is, we can't really tell you where it's broken.

Tester September 15, 2015

Hi Nic, thank you for responding! :) >>You are right, here we talk about a web application. What I meant: Server: --> VMWare, here JIRA/Confluence services are running Client --> My workstation on it I'm calling the Atlassian services >> No, I'm not using another 3rd party application... as usually I'm connected via web interface JIRAservicePC:8080 Moving JIRA Tasks in the included Calendar on my Space leads to following error message: --- Es ist mindestens ein Fehler aufgetreten. JIRA-Feld(er) "created" kann/können nicht bearbeitet werden. Überprüfen Sie Ihre JIRA-Berechtigungen auf JIRA. --- I gave full admistrator rights to all my testusers. Same accounts and rights are available on JIRA+Confluence. In JIRA I can modify all items.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2015

Ok, the edited question makes more sense now. Your calendar is set up to display the "issue created" field from JIRA. In Confluence, you are importing this calendar and then trying to make updates to it, which would normally work. The problem is that the Created date in JIRA is a system *display* field which tells you when the issue was physically created. You can't edit it. So the attempt for Confluence to edit it is returning an error. The short answer is "don't try to edit something you can't edit". Or swap the calendar to be built off a field that is editable.

Suggest an answer