JIRA project - agile tab in project summary

Alexander Kucheryuk November 27, 2014

Hi all!

I have two questions about using JIRA agile onDemand:

1). What is the purpose of tab "Agile" in project summary page? Is this a left over from classic cards board or is it actually used? (red highlighlight)

ss1.png

2). According to yellow highlight, I have 18 issues marked as "In Progress". However, when I navigate to that filter, I see only 1 issue. Why is that? (by the way, I actually have only 1 issue with status "in progress")

ss1.png

ss2.png

Alex

1 answer

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2014

Hey Alexander,

For question 2, can you check your Agile Board Configuration, and check if "In Progress" column includes any other status other than "In Progress".

For more information on Agile Board Configuration, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+Columns

Hello Bhushan!

ss.png

This is screenshot of columns configuration. Going back to my initial post, it seems that "to do" is mixed up with "in process" as there are 17 issues in the backlog and 1 in "in progress". Do you think this is the case?

Alex.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2014

For Q1: The purpose is to give you a view of how your project looks currently, from the point of view of someone working in an Agile way. It is not a "leftover", it's reporting the current state The reason you might be thinking that it is "wrong" or "not useful", is because you need to understand how the data you ask about in Q2 goes back to reporting. Bhushan has said what I would want to say there (and he's a better writer than me)

Oh, I wanted to clarify that when I opened classic boards I have received "Classic boards will be removed in the next major release. We recommend that you move your projects to the new boards." That's why I have asked if this area is used.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2014

That is a good question - I can't find a definitive or obvious answer to it. Best I can do is point you to the new boards and try to say that you need to understand how they work and join up to your data before you will find the sprint display makes a lot of sense

I just made a quick test board and had the same issue. The test board is kanban type. When I create an issue (it is placed in the backlog), the area highlighted in red treats it as "In Progress". I think it could be due to queries. For example, this is a query for "To Do": "project = Test AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND status in (Open, Reopened) ORDER BY priority ASC, key ASC" Is it possible to change it as I use different naming for statuses ?

Suggest an answer