JIRA portfolio plan issues database table

Phani Sai Manohar April 24, 2019

I am trying to retrieve issues in a portfolio plan from JIRA database for reporting purposes and this is similar to JQL function  issuekey in issuesInPlan(""). I was able to retrieve plan details from  AO_D9132D_PLAN table and I am trying to figure out where the issues for a portfolio are stored in JIRA databse. 

I have tried querying AO_D9132D_ASSIGNMENT_EXT table but that has inaccurate data or some relational mapping behind the scenes - I was not able to fetch all the issues in a plan. This query will help me to generate the report automatically without me intervening to run JQL and download as an excel and upload to a reporting tool. Any help is much appreciated. 

Note : RestAPI is a pain with my current reporting platform so I don't want to get results using it. 

2 answers

0 votes
ANTONIO GOMEZ ASENCIO May 18, 2023

Hello Phani!! could you solve the problem?  how did you solve it? I have the same problem

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Admin, Plugin Data Storage for JPO 2.26 shows three possible tables:

• Portfolio Live Plans O_D9132D
  • Portfolio Team Management AO_82B313 (may be gone in JPO 3.x)
  • Portfolio for Jira AO_A415DF

As to where the issues in particular plan are stored, I see 

• AO_A415DF_AOPLAN

which is likely the Plan but then Issue Sources could be in 

• AO_A415DF_AOPLAN_CONFIGURATION

Once you have the issue sources (perhaps AO_D9132D_ISSUE_SOURCE)

I suspect that is first a call to Jira to retrieve the issues in that filter, board or project. I'd plan with a simple plan and some SQL queries

Phani Sai Manohar April 24, 2019

Thank you @Matt Doar  I was able to fetch portfolio plan details from AO_D9132D_PLAN  table and I am using JPO 3.x version. I am unable to figure out source tables of portfolio issues - to be more specific I want to find out where in plugin Data storage table we have JIRA issue id's that are part of a given portfolio plan. The current assignment table AO_D9132D_ASSIGNMENT_EXT  is inaccurate. 

The issue source table - AO_D9132D_ISSUE_SOURCE has information about filters and boards or projects that are used as sources in portfolio and if there is no related table for fetching issue id's for a portfolio - I assume that portfolio plugin is rendering issues using issue sources by computing them on the fly. 

Suggest an answer