JIRA 'pool-test-on-borrow' MySQL

Cyril Egan June 28, 2016

After upgrade from JIRA 6.1.7 to JIRA 7.0.10 the support tool plugin reports:

"The database configuration 'pool-test-on-borrow' is not set as per our recommended settings."

I am using a MySQL Database.  My DB config does not have a setting for pool-test-on-borrow.

This document - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/health-check-database-configuration-792636748.html says:

This setting checks if a validation query will be sent when the connection is borrowed from the pool. The health check confirms that this value is set to false to prevent too many validation queries being sent to the database. Please set the pool-test-on-borrow values to false in the dbconfig.xml file, or see the Resolution section above for examples.

In the "Resolution" section in the document the sample dbconfig.xml for MySQL does not have a pool-test-on-borrow setting.  The sample dbconfig.xml for PostgreSQL does.

Question:

Should I put this into my dbconfig.xml for a MySQL database with a setting of false?

2 answers

0 votes
Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

If you don't have any errors or warnings in your Health Check you shouldn't put extra flags in your dbconfig.

Suggest an answer