JIRA one-way sync between two disconnected servers

Jason Pace February 24, 2015

I have the following architecture under consideration and I am looking for some advice on how best to support it. We will have two JIRA servers (call them A and B), which have no network connectivity between them. Instance A will contain a single project, where instance B will contain a copy of the same project from instance A, but also at least one (possibly more) other projects. I need to push all the data from Instance A's project to the copy contained in Instance B daily. Because Instance B has to support other projects, I can't simply blow away Instance B and replace it with the contents of Instance A (If there were a way to do this at the Project level, that could possibly work). No data has to flow from Instance B to Instance A (it is a one-way push). As a bonus, it would be nice to do a differential push (where today's push only contained data that was changed or added since yesterday). Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Pace February 26, 2015

No network connectivity as in no network connection whatsoever. File transfer between the machines will be a manual process (think sneakernet). The project from instance A will only be used as a reference on instance B, so it will be read-only. No changes will be made to it once it has been copied to instance B.

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say that the servers will 'have no network connectivity between them'? If they have no way to reach each other, I'm not sure how you plan on pushing data from one to the other, let alone automate (I'm assuming this is the goal) a differential push. =) Also, with the the project from Instance A (the one being pushed to Instance B), be used on Instance B? That is, will be people be logging into Instance B to file issue, comment, transition issues, etc. in the project that is also contained in Instance A? Or will Instance B be read-only?

Suggest an answer