JIRA ondemand with Confluence - how can anonymous users see Confluence spaces

We use Jira Ondemand with the confluence plugin as our internal Wiki.

We have some Confluence spaces and pages we would like our customers to be able to access without issuing them loggins (i.e. anonymous users) and without being able to see ALL Jira issues or ALL Confluence spaces.

I see this is possible in Confluence OnDemand without Jira but what do we need to do to make this possible in JIRA ondemand with the confluence plugin?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2012

Hi, I believe this can be accomplished just by editing the permissions of the space you want your customers to be able to access without logging in. You need to have admin permission (or be the owner of the space) and inside the space go to 'Browse > Space Admin', then under 'Security' (on the left panel) click on the 'Permissions' link, then you just have to edit the 'Anonymous Access' as you wish.

Seeing that confluence works with restriction of pages, if you gave anonymous access to a space, all of the pages inside this space will be opened to anonymous access, so if you have a page (or pages) you do not want to leave open for anonymous access, you'll have to restrict it (them - one by one).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

Suggest an answer