JIRA onDemand : User cannot log out of JIRA...

Siddhesh Pandit August 25, 2014

The following is the sceenshot from the google chrome console network tab for the user who cannot logout from JIRA.

Please note that the user is not using any proxy to access JIRA.

Any help is much appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Jennifer August 3, 2017

Enabling the InPrivate browsing mode did the trick for our MS IE v11 browser

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2014

What do you mean "cannot logout"?

After logging in to JIRA, the user cannot logout successfully. Only option is to close out the tab JIRA was running in.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2014

Ok, what *exactly* happens when they click "log out"?

Although, I'm already 99% sure it's something in their browser, you need to look at what is happening on screen in detail. Another two easy tests - what happens if they use another browser? Or another computer?

The user has used IE, Chrome & Firefox. After clicking on logout nothing happens. The page stays the same way.

The user doesn't have access to another computer. If there are any tests / fixes for browsers out there we'd like to try them out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2014

SO, if you log in on their machine and then try to log out, what happens with your account?

Nic, I cannot login on that machine because of permissions. But I am pretty sure it would do the same thing.

It definitely seems like a browser level issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2014

Mmm, there's no way to do the testing you need if you've got security set up like that.

However, that also pretty much tells us that it's something to do with the security on the machine as well!

Well, Nic -- thanks for your input. I have logged in a ticket with support for this. Let's see what they have to say. I will update this question as they get back to me. Have a good one, appreciate you looking into this.

Suggest an answer