JIRA on-premises default installation pre-installed plugins

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Which are the plugins are pre-installed with JIRA on-premises default insallation ?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2013

The only plugins you need worry about are the ones you've chosen to install in your OnDemand account.

The plugins you get with downloaded Jira enable Jira to work as a standalone system. The plugins in OnDemand are slightly different because they enable integrations with the rest of OnDemand. There's no point in comparing the list - the ones you don't need aren't in standalone, and the ones you need to run Jira properly are all in the download version.

And, again, if you're that worried about it, your best bet is to download the version you want, run it, and test turning things off (although the list you've given is pretty much "core" so turning them off is going to break things)

0 votes
dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

ya, right.

Actually, i have considered most of plugins which are enabled in User installed plugins and using in current instance.

But i was not sure about some of plugins usesage which are shown in system/user installed plugins list in my on-demand instance. i was not clear these plugins really needs or not or will be given as default pre-installed plugins into on-premises instance.

Some of such plugins are as below:

Atlassian OAuth Service Provider SPI

Atlassian Pretty URLs Plugin

Atlassian Remotable Plugins - Plugin

Atlassian Remotable Plugins - Sisu Extender

Atlassian Remotable Plugins API - Public API

Atlassian Remotable Plugins API - Public SPI

Atlassian REST - Module Types

Atlassian Soy Templates - Plugin

Atlassian Template Renderer API

Atlassian Template Renderer Velocity 1.6 Plugin

Atlassian UI Plugin

Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin

Atlassian WebHooks Plugin

aui-qunit-plugin

Browse Project Operations Sections

Confluence XML-RPC Java Client - Plugin

Content Link Resolvers Plugin

Thanks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2013

So, your question is actually:

What plugins have I got installed in my OnDemand instance that I will need to think about carrying over to my self-hosted installation.

The answer to which is really that we can't tell you because we don't know which ones you've enabled in the plugins screen in your installation (For "budgeting", it's even easier - you'll have the costs of each one you are paying for listed in your OnDemand account invoices)

0 votes
dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

apologies for less description.

we are planning to migrate from on-demand to on-premises and need to find whcih plugins are not available by default in on-preminses so, those can also include in budget.

In AOD comes pre installed plugins as given in below link: (but could not found for on-premises):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753&from=PQIYDw

So, It looks like, On demand JIRA's system plugins will be default given in on-premises.

Thanks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2013

Pretty much as Onkar says.

I can't actually imagine a situation where this information is useful to you while you have no access to a local installation of Jira where you can look for it.

First of all, you haven't told us what version of Jira you're interested in, and the plugins vary by version, so we can't answer you anyway. Secondly, why would you expect us to spend time firing up a copy so that we can go into the plugin page and copy and paste the information there and post it, only to find out you probably have loads more questions about the list that are answerable by more digging?

I'd suggest you run a development system up, or an evaluation, and look for yourself - whatever your reasons for asking this question, I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't end up doing that soon anyway.

Please, do the basics before asking questions and expecting us to do your work for you.

0 votes
dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

I don't have setup on-premises JIRA , we are using JIRA On-demand.

I want to figure out , which are the plugins existed in on-premised JIRA by default.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

You will see category's in Manage Add-ons, The question as per my understanding you will see System plugins , I think this is the correct answer of your question.

Another categories like user installed, paid atlassian, action required is not comes with JIRA as per my knowledge.

Regards

Onkar Ahire

Suggest an answer