JIRA on Internet Explorer 11 doesn't work

Daniel Silva October 22, 2015

Good morning,

we have several customers reporting that when they try to open Jira on Internet explorer 11, appears an empty page.

After a research, we propose to:
1. Disable the browser's compatibility mode;
2. Enable all TLS x.x versions;
3. Check out if they have the last Java version;
4. Enable the active scripting;
5. Empty the temporary files;
6. Not use proxy in the communications;
7. End the link's access line with a forward slash (/).

Despite all this advices, they still have no access to Jira.
Bear in mind they are capable to access to Jira on other browsers, like Chrome, Firefox...
What else can they do in order to have access to Jira on IE11?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

Hi Daniel,

I was able to do a research and I could see that IE11 is supported as you can see here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/supported-platforms-207488170.html

Do you know when this problem started to happen? You might want to try to access IE through the Safemode and see if you can replicate the same problem. Also, try a different network environment to see if that is the issue.

Cheers,
WZ

Deleted user June 16, 2016

Can I ask why this answer was marked as "the" answer? I've got a user on IE 11 that also has issues and we're on JIRA 7.1.2.

What I mean is: simply pointing to the docs that say IE 11 is supported doesn't really solve the problem...

Like # people like this
Stephen Sorrell June 16, 2016

Not sure if this will help but it seemed to clear up issues with JIRA and IE for us.  Under Internet Options, click the Advanced tab and then under the Security settings, make sure the 'Enable DOM Storage' is checked. 

Like sm.park likes this
Abhinav Chaturvedi January 21, 2019

Hi,

We are using JIRA 7.12.3 but it's not working properly with IE. It works perfect with Chrome.

Tried everything that is mentioned here but no luck .

Like sm.park likes this
0 votes
Jaakko Linnosaari October 11, 2019
  1. Open DevTools in IE11 (Press F12)
  2. Check Console for parsing errors
  3. See what app is responsible (Check the source code by clicking on the error)
  4. Disable app and report to app vendor
  5. ?
  6. Profit!
0 votes
Brett Trigg March 19, 2018

Same symptoms on Service Desk with the following browsers:

Microsoft Edge 41.16299.248.0

IE 11.309.16299.0

0 votes
Karen St Germain October 9, 2017

We are having the same issue with JIRA software and service desk (cloud)

0 votes
it info March 17, 2017

Hello,

we have also no luck with IE after the Upgrade. I can see the Top Panel but the Page is empty, have you found any solution?

0 votes
Stephen Sorrell December 17, 2015

I'm also in the process of testing JIRA in IE11 for a planned upgrade and so far not having any luck getting JIRA to work in IE. I've tried multiple settings changes to Security rules and still don't seem to be making any progress. Were you ever able to resolved your issue?

Suggest an answer