JIRA notifies other web application in Post Condition (Web Service / Rest Call)

BA-RD Systems March 20, 2014

Hello!

Is it somehow possible to make a REST Call / Webservice call after the state "closed" is reached in a workflow?

The problem is:

I have 3 Subtasks an when they parallel have reached the state "closed" another web app should be notified.

With best regards,
Björn

3 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

WEB Hooks!!!

0 votes
BA-RD Systems March 24, 2014

Hmm okay thank you where can i find an example for this?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2014

You can find/write a post-function or listener that can do that as the issue moves into the closed status.

I'd probably try to do it with the script-runner plugin first.

BA-RD Systems· 1 karma ·0 secs ago

Hmm okay thank you where can i find an example for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2014

That's far too wide a question to be answered. There are loads of examples of post-functions for Jira if you look in the development docs, or here for specific snippets, or across the web. That's not the vague bit though - how you post into your other application is up to you - we don't know it.

Okay i think i need to get familar with plug in development of JIRA and after that i need a quick start and have to know for what to look for (post function development).

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

And look at webhooks too.

Suggest an answer