JIRA notifications

Deleted user October 29, 2012

JIRA is not sending issue notifications

6 answers

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2012

Hi Angie,

Three things that crossed my mind right now:

1. The Notification Scheme is not correctly configured;
  2. The Mail Server is not responding;
  3. Or, if you are running JIRA 5, the My Changes: option in your user profile is set to Do not notify me.

Also, if you are running JIRA 5, the JIRA Admin Helper plugin may come in handy, as it "shows JIRA Administrators why a user does or doesn't get a certain notification, such as when an issue is commented on."

In addition, this KB from Atlassian may help to diagnose this problem: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/sY4fD

I hope this helps!

Hello Matheus,

I've already checked the notification Scheme and mail server but both are ok.

I have checked the Mail Queue and found out there are pending mails, will it be helpful if I would do the Flush mail queue operation?

Thank you,

Angie

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2012

If the emails are stuck, yes, please try flushing them. To be honest, I don't think it will work, but it's worth the shot.

In case it does not solve this issue, I'd advise you to restart JIRA. By doing so, you'll loose all emails on the queue, but any new ones should be sent.

Hi Matheus,

I think flushing the mail queue is working we are currently receiving some emails from previous days. Thanks for the help it is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Angie

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2012

oh, nice! :)

And you are welcome! I'm just glad to hear you've got this working now.

All the best,
Matheus Fernandes

0 votes

I've already created a ticket for this.

Thanks,

Angie

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2012

I'll suggest you to create a support ticket in support.atlassian.com and providing more information on this so we can have a deeper look into the problem.

Cheers, Vicky.

0 votes

Hello Vicky,

It just happen today though we did not made any changes to the notification schemes. all of the users are not receiving any notification at all though some issues are having events. Is there any possible cause why JIRA is doing this?

Thank you,

Angie

0 votes

Hello Vicky,

It just happen today though we did not made any changes to the notification schemes. all of the users are not receiving any notification at all though some issues are having events. Is there any possible cause why JIRA is doing this?

Thank you,

Angie

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2012

Hi Anghie,

Can you provide more information about the problem? Does the notification doesn't send at all?

Is there any related error under atlassian-jira.log file?

Cheers, Vicky.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events