JIRA notification popup on issue change

Robert Nelson March 3, 2015

When on Atlassian's public JIRA, if an issue is updated a popup shows up saying the issue has been updated and you can choose to refresh the page.

Is there anyway to set this up on my server install? We have the problem where two people are commenting at the same time and one submits first and the other doesn't see it until they submit and refresh the page. Or if you have an issue open for a long span of time, the issue might be changed while you weren't looking and if you don't refresh you don't know it was updated. 

I would like to create some method to inform users right on the issue screen when an issue has been changed while they have it open in their browser.

2 answers

0 votes
Nathanael Clement November 21, 2016

Are you able to give more details on the addon mentioned above.  Has anyone else found a solution to this question?  

They also have a popup for confluence pages when an edit has been saved, you would think the same could be done for JIRA Service Desk.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2015

I "think" it's a connect only add-on. Not sure myself...

Suggest an answer