JIRA not synchronizing group membership from Crowd

Nicholas TenBrink October 22, 2012

As the description says, I am having a problem with JIRA not synchronizing group memberships for users.

We are using Crowd to pull the users from our Active Directory, and Crowd is properly reflecting that the user is a member of a specific group but JIRA does not.

I have checked in our instance of Confluence to see if it was communicating with Crowd properly and it is.

I'm stumped. Has anyone found a way to resolve this kind of issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hi, this is most likely a caching issue. Can you manually run the synchronization to check if this fixes the problem? Otherwise check how long the caching exists for in Crowd (default 1 hour).

Running a manual sync does not resolve the issue, sorry I should of placed that in the original message.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Are there any errors in the logs? You've said Confluence is communicating correctly with Crowd. Is JIRA?

I ran the built in log scanner and the scanner is stating that there is detecting a duplicate membership.

I will need to sit down with another admin and scour our logs in the morning it appears.

Suggest an answer