JIRA migration to another server

Tamil N Arasu August 8, 2017

Hello , I am moving my JIRA instance to a new server , but when moving the data , i will not be moving all the projects , just selected projects . For this scenario , whats the best practice to follow ? I know using project configurator plugin will ease the job but when i want to do it manually , how would i do it ? Just taking the XML dump and restore it new instance would do the job? also when i do the XML import , will it include , Issues, Scrum boards and attachements ?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Hi Tami,

The XML import will bring everything over but you will need to be sure to read over Restoring a project from backup:

Restoring a project from a backup is not a trivial task. You may be required to change the configuration of your target JIRA instance to accommodate the project import. Additionally, the Project Import data mapping can be resource intensive on your hardware and may take a long time to complete, if you are importing a large project.

Please review Restoring a project from backup carefully before attempting the import to avoid any issues that may arise.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer