JIRA migration - target JIRA instance does not have LDAP authentication available, how to restore with alternative credentials?

Deleted user January 15, 2013

I am trying to migrate data from a version of JIRA running on another companies servers, to our internal version of JIRA running on a different platform.

I got a full backup of the source JIRA and I managed to restore the backup to my local version but i was unable to login after the restore was complete - when I checked the logs I could see LDAP authentication errors appearing.

The version of JIRA that made the backup is using LDAP authentication but the LDAP server is not accessible from my company network, is there a way to login to the new version of JIRA that will bypass the LDAP server? (once I am logged in I can then edit the authentication settings)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

I had this problem recently... I think if you run it in the debugger you can fudge things and get logged in, but this is quite tricky.

The easiest thing is for you to ask the people that made a backup to temporarily create a local user directory with a user name and strong password, put that account in the system admin group, then do the backup, then they can delete the local user dir.

Deleted user January 15, 2013

Thanks for the advice, I will try to get another backup created with a local user added.

I am also exploring the option of restoring from project backups, which would avoid the overwriting of user accounts but this may bring extra complexity of setting up the custom fields, workflows, etc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events