JIRA migration from OnDemand to Standalone - delegated user directory errors

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

I am trying to migate a JIRA OnDemand instance - v5.0.5 that uses a delegated user directory - to a JIRA standalone instance - v6.1.7 with no deletgated user directory.

The import completes successfully (via the import wizard), but I can not log in. I get the following error in the log:

2014-04-15 18:10:43,783 http-bio-8090-exec-21 ERROR anonymous 1090x15x1 zl0vv6 /login.jsp [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory' is not functional during authentication of 'jhowe'. Skipped.

If I attempt to log in using sysadmin I can an error message on the login screnn stating "Sorry, username and passowrd are incorrect - please try again" This is the message in the access log:

'sysadmin' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

How do I resolve this access issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Hi, judging by the error message, the user you're using to log in JIRA belongs to the LDAP delegated directory and this directory can't reach the LDAP server.

The easiest way to retrieve access to JIRA user interface is disabling the Delegated directory via database and log in JIRA using an internal administrator.

To disable the LDAP directory you may use this query:

update cwd_directory set active = 0 where id != 1;

To identify which internal user has administrator rights you may execute this query:

select * from cwd_membership where parent_name = 'jira-administrators' and directory_id = 1;

You may also need to reset the internal administrator password as per this doc instructions:

update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='XXXX';

NOTE: Make a backup of the database, just to be safe.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer