JIRA migrate data from OnDemand to JIRA Standalone Install

jiraguy October 31, 2012

Hi,

I have my backup from the OnDemand instance. The zip file I have has two XML files, one is called "entities.xml" and the other is "activeobjects.xml". I have placed the zip file in the import folder but when I run the job to import it I get this message back, "Error importing from zip file: "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/jira.zip". Error: Unable to find JIRA backup (entities.xml) inside of zip file: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/jira.zip".

However, if I open the zip file I do see an entities file in the zip file, so I'm not sure why I am getting that message.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2012

Hi there,

"Error importing from zip file: "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/jira.zip". Error: Unable to find JIRA backup (entities.xml) inside of zip

Normally the above error is caused by the entities.xml was renamed to another, for example anon-entities.xml. Could you verify if this is not the case here?

Cheers, Vicky.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Make sure you didn't put those files in a folder and zipped the folder. The files should be in the root of the zip - not inside another folder.

Suggest an answer