JIRA mail handler: Why is JIRA overwriting the default reporter option?

Florian Fricke September 17, 2014

Hi!

I defined a mail handler to create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue. This feature is working so far except a small, but annoying bug:

Every time the mail handler processes an email, it changes the default reporter from "dpss.supportmail" to "dpsd.developer" (see screenshot). Both had the same rights, so I reduced the rights of creating issues for the user "dpsd.developer" only to force an error:Bildschirmfoto 2014-09-17 um 17.09.19.png

I also deactivated the user "dpsd.developer" and created the mail handler completely new - but nothing is helping. The mail handler still wants to use "dpsd.developer" instead the correct user (with the correct rights).

I didn't change any other mail configuration - what can be the reason for this kind of error?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Fricke September 17, 2014

I found a solution by myself:

After deleting the "dpsd.developer" account, JIRA changed the default reporter to another user again, but NOT to the correct (entered) "dpss.supportmail". So I renamed "dpss.supportmail", changed the user mail account and deleted the "new" wrong user. I didn't touch the default reporter option any time.

Now it seems that JIRA uses the correct default reporter and everything works fine - crazy.

Suggest an answer