JIRA login widget strips the trailing URI slash when redirecting to dashboard

Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm running into an issue logging into JIRA. I have just completed upgrading from version 4.0.x to version 5.x (along with upgrading Crowd from 1.6 to 2.4—an ordeal, I assure you).

We use the JIRA WAR version on our own servers. The servlet context we use on Tomcat is /jira/. We can log in using the top-right login link (taking us to the login page) however using the login widget doesn't work: it processes the login fine, but redirects to /jira without the trailing slash. Because of how our servers are configured, this does not map to the /jira/ context and the user gets a 404. Adding the slash to the end of the URI fixes it.

Any idea how to make the login widget redirect to the context with the trailing slash?

Thanks,

g.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

Yeah, so I had a support request with this same issue from two and a half years ago :)

The workaround for us was to have two entries in `uriworkermap.properties` for the IIS-Tomcat connector.

/jira=ajp13w
/jira/*=ajp13w

This seems to work until JIRA allows base-urls with a trailing slash, or fixes the login widget to add the trailing slash (properly representing the servlet context) properly.

Suggest an answer