JIRA log is recording plugin exception and causing log to grow exponentially

Manju Nambiar March 6, 2013

2013-03-07 11:59:16,505 http-8082-1 ERROR mnambiar 719x185x1 1jecugw 10.20.93.210 /browse/MS-93 [jira.plugin.issuetabpanel.IssueTabPanelInvokerImpl] Exception thrown while trying to call showPanel() for com.tuncaysenturk.jira.plugins.jira-enhancer-plugin:reopened-issue-tabpanel (Reopening history of the issue) com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.tuncaysenturk.jira.plugins.ReopeningsTabPanel': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/opensymphony/user/User

How do I fix this or make this error go away?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi Manju,

Looking at the error log, it looks like the problem could be related to JIRA Enhancer plugin, due to the following class file being mentioned:
- com.tuncaysenturk.jira.plugins.jira-enhancer-plugin

Since this is the case, first may I know if you have the mentioned plugin installed in your JIRA installation? And if yes, can you kinldy check if the current plugin version is compatible with your JIRA instance version?

You may check the plugin version compatibility with JIRA by visiting the Atlassian Marketplace.

Hi Ahmad,

Yes, the plugin is installed - log records the following

Jira Enhancer Plugin : com.tuncaysenturk.jira.plugins.jira-enhancer-plugin
Version : 2.2-SNAPSHOT
Vendor : Tuncay Senturk

Checking the compatibility

Thanks,

Manju

Hi Ahmad,

JIRA Enhancer Plugin

v. 3.3.2 for JIRA 5.0 - 5.2.7.How do I update?
Thanks,Manju
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the update here. Based on your feedback, it looks like the problem could happen due to plugin compatibility issue.

Since this is the case, we can try to fix the problem as follows:
- Download the latest JIRA Enhancer Plugin from our Marketplace
- Go to your $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory
- Remove the plugin JIRA Enhancer plugin .jar file from the directory
- Move the downloaded latest JIRA Enhancer plugin .jar file to the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory
- Restart JIRA, and this should fix the problem

I hope that this will help, kindly let us know how it goes!

Suggest an answer