JIRA linking to Confluence Page fails with error

AKASH BHARDWAJ April 20, 2015

Hi All,

I have JIRA and Confluence linking provided where by in some project i am successfully being able to add pages to JIRA projects. 

Currently i am facing an issue with one of my JIRA project linkage with an error stating "Unable to create a link to Confluence as the application does not have any authentication configured."

Though there is JIRA and Confluence link created and its working fine.

There restrictions being applied on Parent pages, could this be one of the reason of restricting me to link confluence page.

It would be great help if anyone can help me on this issue.

Thanks,
Akash 

3 answers

0 votes
AKASH BHARDWAJ May 7, 2015

Hi,

We are not using OAuth Mechanism here. we have it currently disabled.

Thanks,
Akash 

0 votes
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Hi all, 

I'm experiencing very similar symptoms on our setup.

FYI

• App link diagnostics show "tick" on both sides (JIRA & CFL),
  • both JIRA & CFL are installed on same machine in a DMZ

wedonot.PNG

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

Hi Akash,

You could be right although I've never heard an issue with permissions causing this issue before. I suggest some actions:

1) Delete and recreate the app links and configure the OAuth authentication method for both apps

2) Check if this issue replicates on a staging environment. If it does, then remove the link from the page and from the issue and try to link them again with a new app link of the first step above.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer