JIRA licenses badly utilized

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Hi,

In my company I want to implement JIRA to error support of our services to various clients. Some clients engage only open / comment issues from your email and receive updates, are not interested in seeing the issues of the clients, only her issues by email.

I would like to ask: is there any way of implementation so that these clients will not have JIRA license? The function of these clients is minimal in JIRA and don't need to enter the system, only receive updates on their issues and create / comment.

I've seen the plugin JETI (JIRA Email This Issue Plugin) but this plugin allows to replicate the issues to emails, but not to interact issues (create/coment) via e-mail ...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hi Daniel,
If you want to be able to create issues and comment to issues through mail, please have a look at this documentation. It explains you on how to configure your instance to create issues and add comments to existing issue from mail.

Cheers

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

I know and I configure some email handlers to create and comment issues by email, this is not my question.

I want to some users create issues and get the updates without license in JIRA because this users can't enter the system but are allowed to create or comment her issues....

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Maybe you can create this by using a combination between the handlers for issue creation/commenting, and JETI to provide the non-user with notifications.

Suggest an answer