JIRA keeps sending email notification when it should not

Svein Seldal February 26, 2015

We have setup our own notification scheme, but it seems we still are receiving emails – even when notification helper sais we should not. What could be the cause?

Here is the received notification email:

email.png

And here is what notification sais about the same event:

notificationhelper.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

Could you check the event that the workflow fires for the transition from "Open" to "In Progress"?  I'm not sure it is an "issue updated" event, I suspect it is "work started"

Svein Seldal February 26, 2015

It is not the "work started" event. However I notice that the workflow transition has a fire a Generic Event post function, so I think that is it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

Ah, I was guessing that you were on the standard Jira workflow which fires "work started". I was looking at the right thing though :-) When you add your own transitions, the default event added automatically is "generic". So just check the notification for "generic" is set up correctly, or change the event to a more appropriate one.

Suggest an answer