• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA json import large file 500 MB

Hi There,

I'm trying to import a large JSON file (500+ MB) into the JIRA system.  I had to change the system setting attachment file size to 500+ MB in order to load the JSON file, but after the file was loaded and clicked "Beginning Import", the Firefox browser just showed "Connecting..." and nothing happened for hours.  Does anyone know if there is a file size limit for JSON importer and how to resolve this issue?  Note that I had successfully imported JSON file size up to 75 MB.

Thanks,

Jay Chang

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I divided the large JSON file into several 100MB or less JSON files and was able to import successfully.

I just ran into this (again).. I had a server config of :

WIndows Server 64bit with:

set JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=384m
set JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=2048m

I looked at the logs - no signs.. I opened a ticket with Atlassian and they gave me a hint that it might be memory, even though no log signs

I monitored the memory https://localhost:8080/secure/admin/ViewSystemInfo.jspa and I could see it bounced up to 90% and dropped again. It continue for a while and it seems it finally "gave up" ..

I changed the server config to:

set JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=2048m
set JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=4096m

and tried again ..

I monitored the memory https://localhost:8080/secure/admin/ViewSystemInfo.jspa and I could see it bounced up to 90% and dropped again. It continue a few time, but then it finally passed to the next stage at it is supposed to do .. I then had JSON errors, but that is an other story and problem 

I hope the hint also fixes it for you guys if you run into the problem 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you