JIRA issues Macro shows dates 1 day off

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

When I use the JIRA issues macro in Confluence pages, I often see dates that are one day off of the date listed in JIRA.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

EDIT: As a side note, the JIRA and Confluence servers potentially reside in different time zones. I don't believe this has any bearing, though, as the date returned in the JIRA macro should be coming from JIRA.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

The solution I found was to add the EST time zone to the JAVA_OPTS variable in the setenv.sh file like this: -Duser.timezone=EST5EDT

Paul DeSousa September 17, 2015

Hello First off, I realize this is an old issue but I'm experiencing the same problem. Can I assume you added this solution to the setenv.sh file on the Confluence server? Or was it the Jira side? Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer