JIRA issue search is quicker when not logged in

Conor McCooey October 14, 2014

Our instance of JIRA is running like a 3 legged dog when we run any JQL queries or select the default "search for issues" to load the Issue Navigator.

I have enabled anonymous browsing in the permissions schemes but i still see a very noticeble difference when running these queries when not logged in, as opposed to when you are logged in.

As you need to be logged in to do anything with the actual issues or users are just reporting exceedingly slow JQL search performance.

All other activities in JIRA are very responsive, we are just being killed with these slow searches.

Can someone please help?

Many thanks,

Conor

1 answer

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

How complex are your permission schemes?  Do you have issue security setup as well?  Seems odd that permission lookups would delay the results that much, but I believe this has to do with SQL.  I would try the following:

Reindex JIRA

Restart the SQL server

I believe this is an indexing problem or an issue between your application and the backend SQL DB.

Conor McCooey October 14, 2014

Hi Luther, thanks for the response. No our permission schemes are not in any way complex and we do not use any issue security. JIRA and mySql database are on the same server. Analysis shows we have plenty of RAM and CPU for both. I just find it very strange that jira queries are much longer when you are actually logged in. Thanks, Conor

Suggest an answer