JIRA issue reference doesn't work

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Application Links Troubleshooting Guide

Two applications, JIRA and Confluence, are running on the same machine and connected one to each other via localhost:8080 and localhost:8090. Application links are configured and seems to work fine: I can search/link Confluence pages in JIRA and insert JIRA reports into Confluence pages. However, linking a project directly to the Confluence space does not enable conversion of plain text ISSUE-123 into the active JIRA issue link.

What gives? Logs are no helpful as there is nothing about this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2017

Are the application links using the base urls of the applications? 

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2017

Sure thing! What's weird is that I can use {JIRA} macro and everything works great. So the only thing which doesn't work in this pair is the link between specific project and space. Though both are open for everyone (except anonymous) and I'm admin. These are actually two instances on my local Mac, so localhost:PORT definitely works.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2017

Ah, hang on, sorry, I did not read the last part of the question properly.  I don't remember Confluence ever converting plain text key-only strings into links, I think you have to give it the full url or use the JIRA macros.  For some reason, I thought you were using the JIRA macros.

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2017

I probably just need to "say it aloud". Apparently this feature used to work in older versions and was removed about 4-5 years ago as mentioned in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23693

Suggest an answer