JIRA issue editable only by assignee

Deleted user March 27, 2013

Hi guys,

I have a problem with setting up the workflow properties. The current requirement is to have issues which are editable only by the assignee. I have tried setting up a step property:

jira.permission.edit.assignee = granted

But this did not work as expected and the issue was not editable by anyone.

Here is the output from the logs:

[atlassian.jira.security.WorkflowBasedPermissionManager]        edit not granted by workflow perm granting edit to Current Assignee 'granted'
[atlassian.jira.security.WorkflowBasedPermissionManager] edit granted by permission scheme but DENIED by workflow
[atlassian.jira.security.WorkflowBasedPermissionManager]       edit not granted by workflow perm granting edit to Current Assignee 'granted'
[atlassian.jira.security.WorkflowBasedPermissionManager] edit granted by permission scheme but DENIED by workflow

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

Hi Mirsolav,

I had once the same challenge and ran into some similar traps. This link here:

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

helped me out and especially the comment about inheriting permissions:

"When a purticular permission property is tied to a workflow status, JIRA looks at it and enforces the same. It is to be noted that workflow permissions can only restrict permissions set in the permission scheme, not grant permissions.

For example, if you have the Edit permission restricted to jira-administrators in the permission scheme, adding jira.permission.edit.group=jira-users wouldn't grant the permission to jira-users. But instead, if you had both those groups in the Edit permission, only jira-users will be allowed to Edit as defined in the workflow permission."

might help you as well. Does it?

Cheers

Kai

Deleted user March 27, 2013

Thanks Kai,

I have found out I had it disabled in the Permission scheme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events