JIRA issue completed/finished on creation

Andy Zukunft November 13, 2014

Hi,

we installed a small JIRA Server and configured the system to our needs. However it appears we "busted" something. Every issue created in JIRA gets its finished/completed date preset to "now" (issue overview, right pane under data). The issue itself is still "open" but it will be shown crossed out within activity trackers.

I hope you can put me on track to fix this.

Regards,

Andy

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Maybe you have the Resolution field on the create screen? If this is the case the resolution will be set which is the point in time where the resolved date is set.

Andy Zukunft November 13, 2014

Indeed we have. I even added a solution called "ToDo" as default because after the first edit the solution was set to "completed" per default. I guess we need to work with more than one kind of screen.

I'll try that and report back (probably on monday).

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Yes, you should remove the resolution from the create screen and only use it on the transition screen for the resolve transition.

Andy Zukunft November 17, 2014

It seems to work now. Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer