JIRA issue can not be deleted

Kapsang Woo March 11, 2014

I deleted an issue from a project in JIRA, and JIRA said it was deleted. But the issue still exists.

• v5.2.8#851-sha1:3262fdc

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014
Kapsang Woo March 11, 2014

When I did the itegrity checker for all, and all passed.

After reindex, I tried to delete an issue, JIRA said the issue was deleted.

The issue still exists just like nothing happened.

Is there anything I have to process to delete an issue before clicking the delete operation.

When I try to delete a project, an error msg poped up

• Exception removing project: Error removing issues: com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Can't write to attachment directory '/disk1/Jira/data/attachments/SKAS/SKAS-2'

This attachment directory does not exist.

Is this related to issue delete?

And how can I fix this problem?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2014

com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Can't write to attachment directory

The above sounds like either the user running JIRA do not have the permission to write to attachment directory, or the attachment directory for the project does not exist. If the later, you may try to re-create the attachment directory and delete again.

JP November 10, 2016

I had 2 issues that could not be deleted and that showed up as errors when running an Index.  As the user above, I too ran the integrity checker, and then used the Fix button, and then afterward my 2 issues were magically fixed. 

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
0 votes
Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Sounds like you need to contact atlassian support.

Suggest an answer