JIRA issue can not be deleted

I deleted an issue from a project in JIRA, and JIRA said it was deleted. But the issue still exists.

• v5.2.8#851-sha1:3262fdc

2 answers

1 accepted

When I did the itegrity checker for all, and all passed.

After reindex, I tried to delete an issue, JIRA said the issue was deleted.

The issue still exists just like nothing happened.

Is there anything I have to process to delete an issue before clicking the delete operation.

When I try to delete a project, an error msg poped up

• Exception removing project: Error removing issues: com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Can't write to attachment directory '/disk1/Jira/data/attachments/SKAS/SKAS-2'

This attachment directory does not exist.

Is this related to issue delete?

And how can I fix this problem?

com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Can't write to attachment directory

The above sounds like either the user running JIRA do not have the permission to write to attachment directory, or the attachment directory for the project does not exist. If the later, you may try to re-create the attachment directory and delete again.

I had 2 issues that could not be deleted and that showed up as errors when running an Index.  As the user above, I too ran the integrity checker, and then used the Fix button, and then afterward my 2 issues were magically fixed. 

Sounds like you need to contact atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,249 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot