JIRA issue PDF exporter

Yurii Monakov August 19, 2013

I have a problem exporting issues to PDF from JIRA: all non-english letters are replaced by '#' signs. I guess it is a font problem - font which is used by the exporter does not contain language specific characters.

So is there a way to upload (or specify) font which is used by JIRA's (not Confluence) PDF exporter?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Yurii,

you haven't mentioned what plugin you use to export issues from JIRA to PDF, but I assume this is JIRA PDF View Plugin.

if so, then you need to configure a system font for the plugin that contains cyrillic characters.

follow the Configuring a Custom Character Set guide.

Yurii Monakov August 20, 2013

Thank you Ferenc, I though that PDF export is not a plugin. Its documentation was helpful.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013
0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi Yurii,

Could you check and ensure that your JIRA and database is using UTF-8? Also, which version of JIRA are you using?

Yurii Monakov August 19, 2013

Hi Joe,

Our JIRA database is using UTF-8 (created with 'CREATE DATABASE jiradb CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin'). And JIRA (v. 6.0.5) itself supports Russian language through translation plugin.

PS. JIRA is running on CentOS 6.4 server

Suggest an answer