JIRA is taking a long time to load.

Melanie Rogers July 1, 2013

Each time the server reboots JIRA takes up to 30 minutes to load. After reviewing the logs, I noticed it is waiting to load the Remote Apps and Crowd Rest plugins. I'm located at a military installation and behind a firewall. Is there any reason why I can't disable these plugins?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Melanie Rogers July 17, 2013

The instance started successfully. I disabled the Remote Apps plugin which was causing the problem and reduced the time to 21 minutes which is still too long. I'll continue to research. Thanks.

0 votes
Lorenzo July 14, 2013

Same issue here. There is NO data in JIRA since I started it up just recently.

When rebooting, it takes forever. It runs on a dedicated host where not too much is running on. Weird!

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Did the instance successfully startup? Can you pass the logs here for us to review?

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

There could be possible reasons why the instance restarts for a long time, but judging from the issue related to plugins, I reckon it could be because of the memory itself.

1. Are you using an external database (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc)?
    • If you're still on HSQLDB and have lots of data, this can consume lots of memory during startup.
  2. Are you having lots of issues, comments and schemes in your instance?
    • If the above is yes, you might need to increase your maximum memory value in JIRA_INSTALL/bin/setenv.sh (or setenv.bat). See here for more information on how to do so: Increasing JIRA Memory.

The above mentioned plugins are needed by JIRA to startup, so they can't be disabled at any cost. Disabling this would cause your instance to not start up at all.

Suggest an answer