JIRA is not loading source tab data from my hosted Fisheye instance

Tina Harron October 6, 2013

I've installed Fisheye 2.7.15 on an in-house server, and am trying to connect it to JIRA OnDemand. I have configured the application links for Trusted Applications and OAuth, but when I go to a project that has commits against it, the source tab shows commits from the OnDemand Fisheye instance (My in-house server is configured as the primary).

I can see that JIRA is connecting to Fisheye because when I click on the source tab I get a number of these warnings in the log. I get the same warning when I successfully login to Fisheye manually. I plan to fix the warning but for now it seems helpful.

2013-10-07 07:57:45,519 WARN  [btpool0-20 ] fisheye.app com.cenqua.fisheye.user.ldap.LDAPAuth-extract - Could not find the attribute '' in LDAP

There are no errors or exceptions in the fisheye log.

Where should I be looking to troubleshoot the JIRA-Fisheye application link?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2013

Hmm, do you have a project link configured between your JIRA project and your in-house FishEye repository? I think you need one of those for the commit to show, especially considering your FishEye version.

This is because as far as I know, FishEye still requires a project link, up until FishEye 2.9, where the project link is no longer required for the commits to show. You can read up further on this here

Tina Harron October 6, 2013

I have a project link configured between JIRA and the in-house repository.

Here's what I see, looking at the "Administration" project in JIRA.

I click on the Administration tab, select "Configure Project Links".

A table comes up with a bunch of rows. The first few rows are:

<th> </th><th>Application</th><th>Type</th><th>Name</th><th>Key</th><th>Primary</th><th>Action</th>
CONFLUENCE (xxx.jira.com) (Confluence) Confluence Space ADMIN ADMIN
svn (FishEye / Crucible) Crucible Project Administration CR-ADMIN
FECRU (xxx.jira.com) (FishEye / Crucible) Crucible Project CR-ADMIN CR-ADMIN
svn (FishEye / Crucible) FishEye Repository ADMIN ADMIN
FECRU (xxx.jira.com) (FishEye / Crucible) FishEye Repository ADMIN ADMIN

The rest of the rows refer to fisheye repositories in different projects and do not have any checkmarks beside them.

When I go into my hosted Fisheye, click on ADMIN repository, the cog icon, and select Application Links, I see the following:

headers="application">
xxx.jira.com (JIRA)
JIRA Project ADMIN ADMIN

Based on that there should be an application link in both directions for the ADMIN project.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

Hmm, I'm kinda worried that the two different FishEye project links that you have (both which are pointing to the ADMIN repo), might cause a bit of confusion for your JIRA. Is the 'svn' or the 'FECRU' FishEye instance the one that you are currently using?

I would recommend that you make that active instance the one with the primary link, and see if it helps

Tina Harron October 9, 2013

I was able to get it to work after deleting and recreating the project links.

It also seems that code that was checked out of a repository from a different project (B) but committed with a JIRA issue against this project (A) doesn't show up in the list unless the other project (B) is linked in to this project (A). Which is the case for most of the code in the project I was working with (selected purely because indexing starts at A).

For some reason I can't create a link from project B to project A in JIRA though after I've created a link between Fisheye A and JIRA A. I can work through the dialog but when I click create nothing is added to the list of links.

Suggest an answer