JIRA is no longer displaying properly.

Mark Miller June 14, 2017

I have lost the ability to scroll in tasks (such as when I want to scroll through comments). I can not edit comments. Searches do not display.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Hi Mark,

1. What browser are you using?
  2. What version of JIRA are you using?
  3. Has anything changed recently, e.g. added plugins to JIRA?

It would be odd that this happened with no changes to JIRA, however, this sounds like a UI issue so here's what I would do:

1. Make sure browser zoom is set to 100%
  2. Try a private/incognito window
  3. Try a different browser
  4. Put JIRA in Safe Mode

If the private window works then there is a browser add-on that may be conflicting.  If Safe Mode in JIRA works you'll want to enable the add-ons one by one until the issue re-occurs.  That will tell you which add-on is causing the issue and then you can reach out to the vendor of that add-on.  

Cheers,

Branden

Mark Miller June 14, 2017

Hi Branden,

1. Chrome, tried IE with exactly the same results though.

2. JIRA v1000.1065.0

3. No changes made by me. I will ask our JIRA administrator.

1b. browser zoom is set to 100% I did have a problem with another program the other day which was related to browser zoom and needed to close the process in task manager....I wonder if that could have affected my browser long-term.

2b. tried Chrome incognito...same problem. I don't know if I can paste a snipit, but this is the error I get when trying to save a comment.

Communications BreakdownThe JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down. Close this dialogue and press refresh in your browser.

3b. tried in 1 above. no luck

4b. how do I open JIRA in safe mode? I can not access anyhting in my upper left menu button.

I will try re-loading my Chrome application tomorrow. I'll update you after that.

thank you for your attention.

Mark

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
0 votes
Mark Miller June 16, 2017

Hi Branden, does any of what I said in my first reply help find a solution?

Mark

Suggest an answer