JIRA integration with TEMPO

Marco Oliveira June 23, 2014

I am wondering why when I assign an issue in the AGILE dashboard(KANBAN) to a resource the same shows in the TEMPO PLANNING backlog as unassigned and on the resource timeline does not show it assigned to the particular resource. I need to do this in both places, there is no synchronization

Thx

Marco

4 answers

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] June 24, 2014

Hi Marco.

I can not reproduce this behaviour. I recommend that you create a support ticket so we can investigate this further.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] June 23, 2014

Hi Marco.

Have you installed Tempo Planner 1.3? Could you be confusing the Backlog Issues in the left side bar when viewing Planner timeline, to the sprint backlog that you can access from right side bar after planning the sprint?

0 votes

Hi Sandra, I am running TEMPO - Tempo Timesheets - 7.9.1.3 and JIRA - 6.2.5

I understand that on planner I can assign resources thru the SPRINT BACKLOG, however when I do that , it does not update the ISSUE in JIRA, so I need to go back to JIRA and assign the issue. I thought once I assign them in TEMPO these would reflect in the JIRA issues too

Marco

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] June 23, 2014

Hi Marco.

When you are planning in Tempo Planner, you are not changing the assignee of the Issue like you do in JIRA Agile.

In Tempo Planner, the only place where you assign Issues to users is in the Sprint Backlog which was released in Planner 1.3 (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Sprint+Backlog)

Sandra these are what we have...

Tempo Timesheets - 7.9.1.3

Licensed to: ConocoPhillips
Date Purchased: 20/Jun/14
License Type: COMMERCIAL (evaluation)
<small>(Support and updates available until 20/Jul/14)</small>
Support Entitlement Number (SEN): SEN-L4233550
JIRA Version: 6.2.5 (COMMERCIAL)
Tempo Help: http://www.tempoplugin.com/support

Plugin Version Details

• Tempo Timesheets - 7.9.1.3 ENABLED
  • Tempo Planner - 1.3 ENABLED
  • System Plugin: Tempo Planning API - 1.2 ENABLED
  • System Plugin: Tempo Teams - 2.3 ENABLED
  • System Plugin: Tempo Core - 2.0.9 ENABLED

about the confusion, I dont think so, I know the tempo planner has on the left hand side a backlog, which for me is a copy of the issues from a given project and on the right hand side I have my team , created in TEMPO. Now on the AGILE board, is totally different it has an look and feel and behavior different from the one that I see in TEMPO. So ,you said that in tempo it does not change assignee in JIRA, I got that, but why if I have an issue assigned in JIRA and when I hoover the mouse in the TEMPO BACKLOG, it does not show that that issues is assigned to a resource. That is my problem, because I can see my backlog but I don’t know whether or not in TEMPO if it has been assigned and to whom. In addition, it does not show either in the team timeline in TEMPO.

thx

Marco

Suggest an answer