JIRA integration with Microsoft Test Manager

Sas February 2, 2016

Hi there,

I'm interested in integrating JIRA with Microsoft Test Manager - does anyone know if a plugin exist or knows a way to get this to work ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

I'm not aware of any add-ons directly, so the question becomes "what do you want from this integration?"

Sas February 3, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your feedback.

One of the reasons for this integration is to track bugs in JIRA which was originally logged in Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) i.e log a defect in MTM then have this defect created in JIRA.

And if possible, once the defect has been resolved and is ready for retest, an update on the bug status made in JIRA would then update the bug status in MTM as ready for retest.

Cheers

Kaman Poole April 25, 2016

I would like to know if you can report a bug from Test Manager, and have it show up in JIRA?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2016

Ok, this is the same for both comments - you'll need to script something in MTM that can poke an issue into JIRA over the REST interface, and then another script to perform updates.

If MTM doesn't support scripting, then it's a lot harder if you want to rely on MTM events updating JIRA - you'll need to find/write something that can scrape MTM for updates and poke them into JIRA

Kaman Poole April 27, 2016

Thanks for the help. smile

Nawaz October 29, 2019

If somebody is still looking for a plugin, https://spartez.com/products/tfs4jira accomplishes exactly what you are looking for, in addition to integrating other work items as needed

Suggest an answer