JIRA install error - 500

Jessica K September 8, 2014

I am installing JIRA version 6.3.4a on a virtual server.  After installation and during set up,  I am able to enter my database type/sql information and test the connection which is successful.  Once I hit the next button I receive a 500 error.  It states com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype FROM jira.propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? (Invalid object name 'jira.propertyentry'.)

Can anyone assist please?

Also, do you have to uninstall and reinstall to configure again?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2014

That often happens if you've got the database setup incorrect (You have got the wrong collation type, case sensitivity or whatever, not that you've got the wrong details in Jira).  Have a look at the application log from when you first started the new system - did it throw database errors then?

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Check that your datebase user has permission on the database itself.

Suggest an answer