JIRA in Chrome: At login no password saving option available

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

Login into JIRA works for all four browsers (FF, IE, Safari and Chrome) fine. Some of our Chrome-users stated that due to the fact that the login-dialouge is in an iframe Chrome does not offer the possibility to store the password any more. For all other browsers it works fine.

Environment: JIRA 5.0.7 - Chrome 21 on Mac

I know "the" workaround (save password in another browser and import it via chrome), but would like to have a clean solution. I am also aware it is no bug, neither in JIRA, nor in Chrome, otherwise I'd have opened a bug report instead of this question.

Cheers
Kai

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Hi Kai,

Have you tried to download the most recent Google Chrome version?

I tried to log in JIRA 5.1.7 with Google Chrome 23.0.X and it worked fine.

As a workaround I found out this. Otherwise, I'd recommend to clean up brownsing data.

I hope it helps

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Hi Fagner,

we tried it just now with the latest non-beta version: 22 and it did not work. 23 is afaik still beta and as we need to test compatibility (for our users) we need to stick at official versions.

Having a closer look at your workaround and the description raises the question if you might have understood our challenge wrong: We can successful log in with the above mentioned configuration, but Chrome (unlike all other browsers) does not ask if it might save the password.

In any case thanks for trying to help us!

Kind regards

Kai

0 votes
Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

Now as we use Chrome 23 it works indeed fine for us. Thanks for pointing it out!

FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Hi Kai,

Nice to hear it works!

Cheers

Suggest an answer