JIRA implenatation in SAP ERP 4.7

johan peijen January 31, 2013

Dear,

We would like to know if it is possible to integrate JIRA in SAP 4.7

We would like to implement it directly using SAP database, same functionalities as CRM

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2013

You need to define "Integrate".

There's one discussion on that at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/130262/integrating-jira-with-sap but without a clear definition about what you mean by "integrate", I can't be sure that's even relevant.

For the rest of your question, you might be able to do it in your SAP database, but Jira requires exclusive write access to it's own tables and it's generally recommended that you isolate Jira from other systems databases so they don't write even accidentally. Jira is NOT a CRM system and does not have the same functionalities, so you'll need to think about training and/or modifications.

johan peijen January 31, 2013

I mean with integrate to run form the same SAP platform as CS (customer service module of SAP), in order to have a full 360 integration with SAP database, so only 1 system can be used as a dispuut tracker instead of using webbased program (which is more unstable)

We plan to implement JIRA for one of our process and we are investigation the SAP functionality integration

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2013

That's still not really defining "integration" I'm afraid. What do you want Jira to do with SAP and SAP with Jira?

What does "the same SAP platform" mean?

What do you mean by "360 integration"? Is 360 some other system in SAP?

I can understand the "only 1 system to be used as tracker" and you want to use Jira for it, but there are questions there - what other systems are you using and do you want to migrate exisitng data into Jira as you shut them down and move people to Jira? (I assume your unstable webbased program is another tracker of some sort?)

Suggest an answer