JIRA how to change project filters

Manuel Wallner January 19, 2016

Hi,

When you click on a project and land in that project's issues list, can you somehow change the filters that are shown there? Just for clarification, I am talking about this list:

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 15.52.53.png

We have customers who have access to our JIRA so they can report and interact with us on issues (we've tried ServiceDesk but it doesn't work for our workflow) and I'd like to create some default filters for them to see in this list. 

(also related to this: On this same screen, can I change how the issues are ordered by default? It always resets to 'Priority' after reloading the page)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

Instead of updating this, how about just creating a dashboard of your own which has all your predefined filters then display them via JIRA Gadgets like charts, bars, filter results etc... You can also set what JIRA Fields are viewable in the gadgets, in what order should they appear and how many issues should be displayed all at once.

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/using-dashboard-gadgets-185729523.html

Manuel Wallner January 23, 2016

Sorry for the late reply. It took me some time to read up on JIRA and it's approach to agile, but now I get why it is the way it is and why it kinda makes sense. 

Dashboards are indeed a great feature and a good solution for this problem. To anyone who is reading this but doesn't believe me, read basically all the guides at https://atlassian.com/agile - trust me, it'll make sense.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

Code - you have to hack the filters and/or the project summary add-on (it's better to write your own and disable Atlassian's, rather than hack the project summary).

There used to be a page on how you can hack the definition of the system filters, but I can't find it at the moment!  I'm sure the list of filters is in a properties file and you can create other filters and add filter_123 to that list to add your own.

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

How do I add my custom filter on the bottom of that list like in the screenshot?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2018

Same answer as I gave on 19th Jan.

Suggest an answer