JIRA homepage auto-redirects to JQL page

knowshan February 3, 2014

I had searched JIRA issues using JQL query. Now whenever I visit JIRA homepage, say jira.example.com, it automatically takes me to serach page jira.example.com/issues/?jql=text%20~%staging . How do I disable such auto-redirect? Why does JIRA remember earlier JQL search?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Figured it out. It's 'My JIRA Home' setting under user tab (profile pic in right corner). 'My JIRA Home' was configured as 'Issue Naviagtor' and hence I was getting redirected to Issue Navigator page which remembers previous search.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2014

The search is remembered by user account, it's a convenience for them.

However, the jump from "homepage" to "search" is not being done by Jira - you've added javascript or html that redirects them. You'll need to remove that.

I don't think I have added any html or JS, but I will check it again. I am receiving HTTP 302 redirect.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2014

Oh, well spotted, I keep forgetting you can do that!

Suggest an answer