JIRA has no Backup System menu under System > Import & Export

Hank Han December 20, 2017

I  am trying to follow the instructions to make an XML backup of JIRA. We're running JIRA v7.4.3 and I'm an admin of the instance. I can view the following link with no problem: http://atlassian-rss.roche.com/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 1.06.22 PM.jpg

As shown in the above image, I don't see the option to select Backup System. I then tried to follow these instructions to automate JIRA backup. But as shown in the image below, the forms are not visible to me.

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 1.30.05 PM.jpgAny ideas? I'm guessing some features are not turned on.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017
0 votes
Answer accepted
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

As Edwin said, You should have JIRA System Administrator global permissions in order to have the backup option.

0 votes
Hank Han December 21, 2017

Problem solved. Thanks guys.

Suggest an answer