JIRA goes very slow after enabling/disabling plugins

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

HI

Whenever i enable a plugin (any plugin) jira (jira6.1) simply goes very very slow.

Last week i tried enabling tempo, it went slow adn then i had to reboot to get the performance back.

This week this again happened with Script runner.

This makes me believe it may not be due to the plugins but something to do with jira.

what may be cuasing this?

Is a re-indexing mandatory after enabling of a plugin?

On JIRA 5, the plugin enabling did not cause any issues.

PS: I am on the compatible versions of the plugins mentioned. and there is nothing in the logs.

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Hi Rahul,

This is caused by the bug below, and will be fixed on JIRA 6.3:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37337- Batch CSS and Javascript generation cause long delays in page loading after plugin modification

Cheers,

Danilo

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

thanks Danilo that helps....

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

I suggest that you have some trouble with old indexes. Please try to delete and recreate the indexes (folder \caches\indexes). First shutdown your JIRA instance, delete the folder, then restart JIRA and recreate the indexes.

Alex Shatrov June 23, 2014

It helped me! Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

Is this the same system you just jumped from 4 to 6 and are having issues with?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

No thats a different user, who jumped 4 to 6. I upgraded from 5.0 to 6.1 last week and having this issue thereafter.

Suggest an answer