JIRA gadget "issue statistics" result zero issues

Samuel September 29, 2014

I have a filter saved as below:

project = Test AND issuetype = bug AND created >= "xxx/xx/xx" AND resolution in ("Cannot Reproduce", Duplicate, "Not An Issue")

when i run the query in JIRA filter, it gives me correct no of issues. BUT when i use this filter into "issue statistics" gadget, it doesn't work (shows 0 issues)

I think the gadget does not support resolution field/tags. It works well when i remove the resolution part. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

Note: i also tried the other way as:

project = AVANT AND issuetype = defect AND created >= "2014/09/01" AND resolution not in (done, fixed, unresolved) still doesnt work!!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2014

The gadget has a flag that asks if you want to include resolved issues.  

On your first filter, I suspect you are not ticking this flag in the gadget, so it is running your filter ok, then additionally dropping all the resolved issues, which is all of them because your filter explicitly includes only resolved issues.

Could you check that flag in the gadget settings and see what happens when you disable it (so include all issues)

Your second filter rings alarm bells for me - can you confirm that you have NOT added "unresolved" as a value for resolution?

Dan Maxwell January 31, 2019

I feel dumb that I missed that option, but this worked for me and felt I needed to give you credit; thanks.

0 votes
Samuel September 30, 2014

Awsome! i missed to flag the resolved issue (yes) in gadget itself. 

Thanks nic.

Suggest an answer