JIRA fresh install "The connection has timed out"

Hi, i install new jira (atlassian-jira-5.2.5-x64.bin) on CentOS release 6.3 (Final)

Linux version 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild@c6b9.bsys.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.4.6 20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Jun 22 12:19:21 UTC 2012

I have: The connection has timed out problem(The server at ... is taking too long to respond.)

I was tried install by default and install changing ports from 8080(8005) to non default

cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        3911552 kB
MemFree:         1778956 kB
Buffers:          152444 kB
Cached:          1129568 kB

My catalina.out finishing this lines

___ Plugin System Started _________________

2013-02-04 15:52:47,098 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [jira.config.database.SystemTenantDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml
2013-02-04 15:52:47,118 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [jira.instrumentation.external.DatabaseExternalGauges] Installing DBCP monitoring instruments: DatabaseExternalGauges.JiraDbcpInstruments[instruments=[DBCP_MAX, DBCP_ACTIVE, DBCP_IDLE],objectName=com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource]
2013-02-04 15:52:47,239 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] The database is not yet configured
2013-02-04 15:52:47,239 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] Enqueuing Database Checklist Launcher' on post-database-configured-but-pre-database-activated queue
2013-02-04 15:52:47,241 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] The database is not yet configured
2013-02-04 15:52:47,241 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] Enqueuing Post database-configuration launchers' on post-database-activated queue
Feb 4, 2013 3:52:47 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-9090"]
Feb 4, 2013 3:52:47 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 21913 ms

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

some logs:

(atlassian-jira.log) (catalina.out.txt)

I got the same thing on CentOS as well using the latest atlassian-jira-6.2-x64.bin. Can some one help to figure out what's going on here?

Did you find any solution

I'm also stuck at same point

Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jun 13, 2014

Hey Oleg,

The good news is, everything in the logs seems fine. But could you perhaps clarify on where and/or how you are facing the connection timeout? Is it when you are trying to access the instance?

If so, could you try accessing it via localhost (if you are not doing so currently)?

Pedro Souza Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2014

See if you can access the application locally as suggested before:

http://localhost:port

Then if can access locally, test if the port is accessible for remote access, trying to telnet it from a different computer, eg:

telnet jiraipaddress jiraport

If you can't connect to the port, you will need to allow access to this port on your server or Firewall so as to enable remote access to the application.

Cheers.

```
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8087 -j ACCEPT service iptables restart
```
helped me

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

233 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you