JIRA frequent logout problem in JIRA 4.4

Tukaram Bhukya [L&T INFOTECH] May 12, 2014

please some one can guid me how to stop jira 4.4 frequently logout problem

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

You'll need to describe that in a bit more detail.

The default timeout is about 5 hours, which isn't what I'd call "frequent", so the question is "what have you changed" or "what is your browser doing that is killing off the session"?

Tukaram Bhukya [L&T INFOTECH] May 12, 2014

I'm opening two instances of IE 8, in one launching jira portal ex1.8080 and in 2nd one launching portal ex2.8100 ( Both Jira instances running on same linux server). When i perform some operation in one IE and switch to other IE , its asking login details

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2014

Right, this is nothing to do with Jira, it's your browser and usage of it that is broken.

Each time you swap between Jira systems, the browser is destroying the session from the old Jira by overwriting it with the new one.

Your only option here is to use another browser - e.g. open 8080 in IE8 and 8100 in Chrome. Also, you can use anonymous browsing to "sandbox" the sessions if you're using Firefox or Chrome (not sure about IE)

Tukaram Bhukya [L&T INFOTECH] May 13, 2014

Thanks for clarification . i got it now

Suggest an answer