JIRA frequent logout problem in JIRA 4.4

please some one can guid me how to stop jira 4.4 frequently logout problem

1 answer

0 vote

You'll need to describe that in a bit more detail.

The default timeout is about 5 hours, which isn't what I'd call "frequent", so the question is "what have you changed" or "what is your browser doing that is killing off the session"?

I'm opening two instances of IE 8, in one launching jira portal ex1.8080 and in 2nd one launching portal ex2.8100 ( Both Jira instances running on same linux server). When i perform some operation in one IE and switch to other IE , its asking login details

Right, this is nothing to do with Jira, it's your browser and usage of it that is broken.

Each time you swap between Jira systems, the browser is destroying the session from the old Jira by overwriting it with the new one.

Your only option here is to use another browser - e.g. open 8080 in IE8 and 8100 in Chrome. Also, you can use anonymous browsing to "sandbox" the sessions if you're using Firefox or Chrome (not sure about IE)

Thanks for clarification . i got it now

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

165 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you